Following the devastating loss at the hands of Amanda Nunes, the former women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate has been delivered another blow by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) in the form of a lengthy medical suspension. “Cupcake” revealed in the post-fight press conference that she suspects a broken nose, which was later confirmed after her complete medical examination. The commission has released a list of medical suspensions that includes some big names other than Tate such as Travis Browne (wrist), Raphael Assuncao (nose), Sage Northcutt (elbow) and Diego Sanchez (orbital and nasal fractures).
Tate could be out of action for up to 6 months following her loss in the UFC’s record-breaking event that took place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vagas. The loss came as a result of rear-naked choke in 3 min 16 sec of 1st round after taking a number of massive
The 29-year-old women’s warrior became an instant hit after she shocked Holy Holm at UFC 196.
The Nevada Athletic Commission recently released a list of medical suspensions from the event, which took place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas this past Saturday. Tate was submitted by a rear-naked choke 3:16 in the opening round of her featured clash with Nunes. Before that she took several massive punches to the face. According to the rules, her minimum suspension time will be 60 days and only after doctor’s clearance she will be able to compete before 185 days.
UFC 200 Medical Suspensions:
- Miesha Tate: Must have broken nose cleared by ENT Dr or no contest until 01/06/17; minimum suspension no contest until 09/08/16, no contact until 08/24/16.
- Mark Hunt: Suspended until 08/24/16.
- Anderson Silva: Suspended until 08/24/16; No contact until 08/09/16 – laceration.
- Frankie Edgar: Suspended until 08/24/16; No contact until 08/09/16 – facial lacerations.
- Travis Browne must have right wrist cleared by Dr or no contest until 01/06/17; minimum suspension no contest until 08/24/16, no contact until 08/09/16.
- Raphael Assuncao must have nose x-rayed if positive then needs Dr clearance or no contest until 01/06/17.
- Enrique Marin: Suspended until 09/08/16 No contact until 08/24/16.
- Sage Northcutt must have left elbow x-rayed if positive then needs Dr clearance or no contest until 01/06/17; minimum no contest until 08/24/16, no contact until 08/09/16.
- Diego Sanchez must have right orbital and nasal fractures cleared by ENT or ophthalmologist or no contest until 01/06/17 minimum suspension no contest until 08/24/16, no contact until 08/09/16.
- Thiago Santos: Suspended until 09/08/16 No contact until 08/24/16.
- Takanori Gomi: Suspended until 08/24/16 No contact until 08/09/16
These suspensions are just a precaution for the athletes, they are allowed to come back sooner once they are cleared by their doctor.